|Abstract submission: PASSED||Speaker registration deadline: PASSED|
|Acceptance notification: PASSED||Copyright form submission: PASSED|
|Draft paper submission: PASSED||Bio notes submission: PASSED|
|Reviewer feedback: PASSED||Draft powerpoint QC: 19 March 2018|
|Final paper submission: PASSED|
Open Access Proceedings
Please note that the 21st International Seminar on Paste and Thickened Tailings peer-reviewed papers will be freely available from papers.acg.uwa.edu.au as of Wednesday 11 April 2017. A colour, soft-bound printed version of the proceedings will be available for purchase by conference delegates and online, post-event.
To achieve a uniform style throughout the ACG’s proceedings of Paste 2018, all papers are to be prepared according to the Author Guidelines and Style Template. Your paper should be formatted in Microsoft Word, using the template supplied on this page. Maximum paper length is 14 (A4) pages. Please note the following:
- Please ensure that you seek all client and internal approvals and reviews (if applicable) before the paper submission date. We recommend allowing at least 2-3 weeks for approvals and reviews – please plan ahead and organise these to be finalised before the submission date.
- Once technical review feedback has been received, it must be incorporated and adhered to where possible. Authors found not to have addressed the feedback to an acceptable standard may be precluded from the programme and proceedings.
- Signed copyright forms are required by the above deadline. By signing the copyright form you are indicating that you have gained necessary approvals in relation to publishing your work with the ACG in these proceedings.
Please note that paper submission is only open for authors who have received notification of acceptance of the abstract.
If your paper is under 10mb in size it can be submitted via:
If your paper is over 10mb in size please submit via:
- your preferred FTP site (such as DropSend or DropBox) and email the link to email@example.com
Speaker registrations are open after paper acceptance until 18 December 2017. As a Paste 2018 seminar speaker, if you wish to register for an associated event, please select from the appropriate fee structure. Only one speaker registration per paper is accepted. Withdrawals after 25 December 2018 will be charged the full registration fee. No refunds will be given for authors who pay the presenter registration fee and withdraw from the conference or proceedings after this date.
If the presenting author is unable to attend the conference, they may arrange for a replacement presenter to register, pay for and attend the conference to present the paper. Speakers from sponsor and exhibitor companies may use a full complimentary conference registration in lieu of a speaker registration, but an exhibitor booth attendee registration will not be accepted.
Please note the following conditions:
- Only 1 author per paper (the presenter) is able to register at the discounted speaker rate. The speaker registration form will be available to download after notification of paper acceptance has been sent. (Speakers from sponsor and exhibitor companies may register using a full complimentary conference registration in lieu of a speaker registration, but an exhibitor booth attendee registration will not be accepted).
- Failure to register and/or provide a signed copyright form by the above date may preclude you from being published within these proceedings.
- Co-authors wishing to attend must select one of the other registration options.
- If you include movies, computer modelled graphics, sound or embedded videos in your presentation, please provide us with a draft of your presentation for checking by 19 March 2018.
- You are requested to bring your final Powerpoint presentation with you to the conference.
Presenters are required to prepare a PPT presentation to feature at the event. Please bring your final PowerPoint presentation with you to the conference, including any software, movie files etc. All presentations will be copied onto the ACG event laptop prior to event commencement. As a backup, you may wish to bring your own laptop to use in case the ACG event laptop is unable to play your presentation correctly.
Should you include movies, computer modelled graphics, sound or embedded videos in your presentation, please provide us with a draft of your presentation for checking by Monday 19 March 2018. Please include all linked media files – movies, sounds, data – as separate files.
All presentations should be no longer than 18 minutes. An extra 2 minutes will be given at the end for potential questions.
The following audiovisual equipment will be available at the conference: data projector (for PPT presentation), screen, remote mouse, monitor (for presenters to view PPT), lecturn microphone and a lapel microphone. Please advise us if you require any additional audiovisual equipment.
Please view the Presenter Tips and Guidelines for more details on preparing your presentation and the audiovisual set-up.
If you have been invited to present a poster at the Paste 2018 seminar poster session, please view the guidelines for poster presenters.